Friday, December 10, 2010

Organza in Eggplant Theme Colors

I have been thinking I would like to make my piece from silk organza. Today I found these 3 at the Mill Ends store near me. The wine color is winier than it looks in this photo. I may mix these with some dupioni. At any rate, being in the bleak midwinter, I am enjoying these colors very much.

I love the women who work in the fashion fabric section of this store, and they were very curious about what I was doing with the fabric. I think I will have to take the finished piece back for them to see.

My brother-in-law in New York has only days left and I don't know when I might need to take off to go there. Thought I better get a plan going for this.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and your family, Gerrie. This time of year can be stressful enough without the worry of travel under sad circumstances.

Tiffany On A Stick said...

Is there Mill Ends stores everywhere? I live in Vancouver, Washington and there is one there. I will be moving though to Texas and wondered if there is one in Tyler or Dallas? I am sorry for your family in this time also.