Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An Exciting Parcel - the first copy of the BOOK!

It was an exciting afternoon. After a refreshing swim in the summer surf, I returned home to find a card on the doorstep indicating that I had missed a courier delivery by a matter of minutes. Fortunately, I didn't have to wait overnight to collect it from the Post Office - the suspense would have been too much. For inside this box was the single author advance copy that we are allotted of our forthcoming book - Twelve by Twelve: The International Art Quilt Challenge.
I did try to record this historic moment to share with you all but I am woefully unfamiliar with the video function on my camera. I managed to record before and after the opening of the package but not the opening itself.   However, this is a reasonably faithful re-enactment along with some fuzzy stills. 

Opening the Twelve by Twelve Book! from Brenda Gael Smith on Vimeo.



I'll take some better photos in the morning and will experiment with the webcam too . In the meantime, two words - it's REAL!

12 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face Brenda. Woo hoo!!!

Delia (Del) said...

Congratulation well done.

Françoise said...

Wow! This is great Brenda!

Karen said...

First I started laughing with your cute reenactment Brenda, then the tears started at the realization that this is our book!

Jamie Fingal said...

Congratulations to everyone! It is quite a thrill to get your book in the mail. Major happy dances will be happening as you each receive your advance copies! Such a thrill. I am so happy for all of you! Enjoy the ride!

Gerrie said...

It looks so big! I imagined it smaller.

Terry Grant said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Diane Perin said...

I love the reenactment, Brenda, and it's so great to see it in your hands! I LOVE that it smells like a real book, too! Enjoy it, savor it, go open some champagne!

JB said...

With apologies to Jan Austen: "unabashed, wild, noisy, and fearless" congratulations to you all for the publication of your book!

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS everyone! It looks FABULOUS!!!
Will be ordering next month.....

Elizabeth said...

How incredibly excitng for all of you!!! Are you pleased with It???? I certainly hope so!!!!
Huge Congrats!!!!

Kristin L said...

Being in a reasonably similar time zone, I had the fortune to be on my computer with Skype on shortly after Brenda opened teh package -- the reenactment is a bit more subdued than our Skype conversation! There was much bubbly excitement across the Pacific!