Monday, July 13, 2009

Breakthrough

I have been very quiet so far this challenge. I was beginning to wonder if this was the month when I would be the first to let the whole group down and not manage a quilt at all. Well, no, I could always have done a pink heart and a bit of lace and had done. But I would have let myself down doing that. So, there I was pondering and fretting and forgetting that for most themes it has taken about the same time for insipration to hit, then suddenly - I had the story and the visuals followed in about two minutes.
So tonight I shall see if I have the technical abilty to pull off my idea which so far exists only in black line drawings scribbled in my journey whilst drinking spicy red tea in the London Review Bookshop's cake shop. The above are two of the 'ingredients' I think I shall need.

What? You want a bigger hint? Don't they say that in polite company conversation should avoid sex, religion and politics? Well, on the basis that my fellow Twelves seem to have the sex bit covered, I thought I'd take responsibilty for the rest......

3 comments:

Kristin L said...

Hmm, map in encaustic, passionate religion and politics... my guess is that yours may have something to do with Northern Ireland.

Terry Grant said...

I am beginning to think this theme may produce the most wildly divergent results yet. yes, I have finally settled on a concept. Will anyone find the passion in it? Don't know. It represents passion to me.

Gerrie said...

I just hope that we don't lose our chutzpa and continue to wow. If you know what I mean! Heh