Monday, March 16, 2009

Bull's Eye Glass


My window will be of the 17th Century type. I am trying out a technique of first quilting, then painting over it. One of Deborah's recent studies reminded me of this texture enhancement made popular by Linda and Laura Kemshall and taken to incredible levels by Deidre Adams. It's not something I would normally do as I prefer my fabric to stay soft and supple, but the point of this group (and our small-ish format) is to branch out and try new things. For the purposes of my window, I think it's going to work out perfectly.

2 comments:

PAMELA said...

Kristen, Your technique shows an interesting but authentic image for windows....I can say this because our door window was recently replaced with glass that looks just like this! But yours is more intriguing....cant wait to see the end result. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

I only discovered the fabulous colours and texture of the works of Deidre Adams a few weeks ago. I know, I know, I should get more out and about online.