Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust


Here's a sneak peak -- at a failed attempt. My inspiration was rock shelters, but my yo-yo boulders and silk fiber moss just weren't working. Then Deborah's post about wanting to just take an angle of a shelter and explore it caused the lightbulb to go off about my piece. The problem with my piece was scale. I was like a photographer using an old 35mm camera with no zoom trying to capture a distant object. I was showing to much. I was working small when I need to be BIG. Needless to say, the idea was scrapped and I'm off on another tangent.

2 comments:

Taccolina said...

I know what you mean about scale. Sometimes it' the hardest thing to see until you've finished what turns out to be a draft. Or a tangent. Good luck!
PS: did you mean to post precisely at 12:12 - how fitting!

Bev
www.postedstitches.com

Nikki said...

I couldn't have hit the time exactly if I had planned it!