Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thinking about scale

So, after I showed you some of my Illustrator sketches, I fiddled some more and came up with this:

I was kind of pleased. Then I slept on it for a day or two and suddenly smacked my forehead and said to myself, " Twelve inches by twelve inches!" Way too much going on here for such a small piece. That's one of the elements of designing something that I find easy to forget and just make a thing larger or smaller to fit the measurements I need to use. So I am now thinking about what that size piece is going to need. Back to the (digital) drawing board.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah , I had similar problems - thinking about a photo montage/collage kind of thing and then reaslised that to get enought space around the photos they have to be postage stamp sized... start again!!! I am now using batting folded around my 12.5 x 12.5 ruler as a base to work on.